The DEMML™ Classification System (DEMCS™)
This section of the web site describes the DEMML™ classification system, otherwise known as DEMCS™. This classification system is used to give a unique code number to each and every branch in the gigantic "tree of knowledge" that will be necessary to hold all of the DEMML™ content in an organized fashion. The system itself is relatively simple but it is unique and a bit of background information is necessary in order to fully understand the system. This explanation is provided merely for the edification of those who are interested. There is no real need for individual users or even teachers to learn how this classification system works. It is also documented here so that others struggling with large hierarchical trees of information can adapt this system to their own needs.
- Basics / Background
- Storing Content: Databases vs. Files-in-Folders
- DEMCS™ tree structure
- Classification Systems
- Numbering Systems
- Sorting (Different sorting methods)
- Final overview of the theory behind the DEMCS™ coding system
- DEMCS™ Coding System Specifics
- Creating the Hierarchical Tree of Knowledge
- Assigning the Codes to all the Branches of the Tree
- Final Notes
Next: Storing Content: Databases vs. Files-in-Folders...